Federal Support of Big Oil
It is a common misconception that renewable fuels like corn-based ethanol, biodiesel, and cellulosic ethanol are asking for special treatment when they fight to protect the Renewable Fuel Standard.
In reality, the petroleum industry has received special treatment from the federal government for over 100 years. Renewable fuels are simply fighting to operate on a level playing field. To learn more, check out the links below.
- Federal Support for Big Oil
- Big Oil’s Tax Preferences
- Big Oil’s Best Kept Secret: The Federal Petroleum Mandate
- Taxpayers for Common Sense: Understanding Oil and Gas Tax Subsidies
- Effect of subsidies and regulatory exemptions on 2020–2030 oil and gas production and profits in the United States