All Iowans Should Have Access to Lower-Cost, Cleaner Fuels Like E15 and B20!
Governor Reynold’s Biofuels Access Bill Ensures Iowans Have Those Options
The growth and success of rural Iowa hangs in the balance. This legislative session, Iowa’s leaders must band together to ensure all consumers have access to cleaner-burning, lower-cost biofuels. As the nation’s leading producer of biofuels, Iowa has a lot to gain by expanding consumer access to higher blends all year round.
- Iowa biofuels support nearly 46,000 jobs, including several high-paying high-tech jobs in rural areas.
- Biofuels add more than $5 billion to Iowa’s economy.
- 60% of Iowa’s corn is processed at an Iowa ethanol plant.
- Growing markets for ethanol grows markets for Iowa’s most productive farmers.
- Most recent Des Moines Register Iowa Poll found 85% of Iowans from rural and urban areas and across party lines recognize ethanol is important to Iowa’s economic success.
What does the Governor’s Biofuel Legislation mean:
- YES to increasing consumer choice at the pump
- YES to putting more money into the Road Use Tax Fund
- YES to saving Iowan’s money and growing jobs in rural Iowa
- NO retailer will be forced to shut down or make costly rebuilds i.e. break concrete
- NO restrictions on sale of fuel including E0, E10, B0, B5, or B11
- NO labeling requirements or regulations on how retailers sell fuel